Have a general question about employment law? Want to share a story? I welcome all comments and questions. I can't give legal advice here about specific situations but will be glad to discuss general issues and try to point you in the right direction. If you need legal advice, contact an employment lawyer in your state. Remember, anything you post here will be seen publicly, and I will comment publicly on it. It will not be confidential. Govern yourself accordingly. If you want to communicate with me confidentially as Donna Ballman, Florida lawyer rather than as Donna Ballman, blogger, my firm's website is here.

Friday, December 20, 2013

Is My Noncompete Enforceable If I'm Fired Without Cause? Don't assume your non-competition obligations end when you're fired

Wow!

When I wrote an article on How Do I Get Out Of My Noncompete Agreement?, I found out that AOL Jobs readers have lots of questions about noncompetes, and I don't blame you. I get people in my law practice asking me questions on non-competition agreements every week. That's because most people don't even realize they've signed something saying they can't work for a competitor for a year or two after they left, or they thought (wrongly) that a non-competition provision couldn't be enforced. I'm going to answer some reader questions This week, I answer a reader question: Is My Noncompete Enforceable If I'm Fired Without Cause? Read my answer on AOL Jobs here.



Please don't forget that the ABA Blawg 100 is asking for your votes for your favorite blog in the Labor and Employment category. If you think this blog is worthy, I continue to need your vote. Go to the ABA website here. It takes about 30 seconds to register. Then go to the Labor & Employment category. Find Screw You Guys, I'm Going Home. Look to the left and you'll see a button that says, "Vote Now." Click it. You're done. The polls shut down at close of business today. If you have trouble voting or questions about anything else, please see the ABA's Blawg 100 FAQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and general questions but this isn't the place to ask confidential legal questions. If you need an employee-side employment lawyer, try http://exchange.nela.org/findalawyer to locate one in your state.